The 3D Consortium continued providing support to the 19th 3D Virtual Reality Expo (IVR) which was held at East Hall 1 of the Tokyo Big Sight. As the specialized seminar this year, Mr. Katsuyuki Toyota from IO Data gave a lecture under the theme "Basics of shooting, creating and editing of live action 3D contents and the latest trends" on June 22. We installed a 3D Consortium booth at the exhibition site, and eight member companies jointly exhibited at the booth.
According to the announcement by organizers, 84,509 persons visited IVR over three days including the visitors of the "Design Engineering & Manufacturing Solutions Expo", the "Mechanical Components & Materials Technology Expo" and the "Medical Technology Expo" which were simultaneously organized.
Members Exhibited at the 3D Consortium's Booth
* Exhibit: "Real 3Di - Object 3D shooting solution" - A system which easily realized creation of a 3D viewer which works with automatic shooting.
>> FUJIFILM Corporation
* Exhibit: "Fujifilm 3D measurement system" - A system which easily measures dimension, area and stereoscopic shapes of targets by using an exclusive image processing software used on 3D (still) images shot by a 3D digital camera (exclusive use) by Fujifilm.
* Exhibit: "REMO x Naked eye 3D"- Demonstrations by combining naked eye 3D and AR and demonstrations of AR and naked eye 3D on smartphones (Reference exhibit: iOS, Android).
>>I-O Data Device, Inc.
* Exhibit: "PLAY3DPC-DVC" - "Editing application for 3D still and motion images".
>> Newsight Japan Ltd.
(1) "8 inch, 5 parallaxes 3D digital photo frame" - Naked eye 3D display of 2D images converted into 3D.
(2) "7 inch, 2 parallaxes 3D digital photo frame" - Naked eye display of images with 2 parallaxes.
(3) "7 inch, 2 parallaxes, USB connection 2D/3D switching monitor" - Naked eye display of images with 2 parallaxes on PCs.
(4) "3D-iPhone" and "3D-iPad" - Naked eye 3D display by using a special film enabling a 3D display when placed on a liquid crystal display.
(5) "3D slot machine" prototype - A prototype model which incorporated a 4 parallaxes naked eye 3D display.
>> Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.
* Exhibit: "Super short focus projector supporting 3D - PDG-DWL2500J" (demonstration of 3D projected on the floor) - A super short focus projector supporting 3D which enables projection on a screen as large as 80-inches from the shortest distance in the world which is 32 cm.
>> Technology Joint Corporation
* Exhibit: "DI (Digital Intermediate) software "SCRATCH" by Assimilate Inc."
* Exhibit: "AR (Augmented Reality) plug-in by 3DCAD Rhinoceros".
>> VMJ CO., Ltd.
* Exhibit: "DeepOutside3D.Z stereo driver" - Existing OpenGL/DirectX application with naked eye 3D enabled.